Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What browsers are currently supported by RepNet? (Answer)
- Q2: How do I know my information is secure? (Answer)
- Q3: Can I access Repnet from anywhere? (Answer)
- Q4: What if I forget my password? (Answer)
- Q5: How do I change my password? (Answer)
- Q1: What browsers are currently supported by RepNet?
Our preferred and best-tested browser is IE 6. However, RepNet should work in IE 7 and IE 8 as well. In addition, other standards-compliant browsers such as Firefox, Opera, and Safari should work in most cases. However, non-IE browsers are not actively supported at this time.
Browsers on mobile devices such as Blackberries and iPhones should work to some extent, but RepNet is not optimized for these devices.
- Q2: How do I know my information is secure?
Repnet uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to transmit your password and all data. This means that even if someone were intercepting your internet transmission, he would be unable to read the data.
However, ultimately the security of your data is only as good as your password. If you write your password down and someone else finds it, that person can then log into Repnet and access your data. If you access Repnet from a public computer and do not explicitly log out using the provided link, your data will be vulnerable. We take data security very seriously and have implemented policies to keep data as secure as possible.
- Q3: Can I access Repnet from anywhere?
Yes, as long as you have an internet-connected computer with a browser, you should be able to access Repnet.
For security purposes, certain administrative functions, such as registration for a new account and password changes and resets, are available only when you are in a sales office.
- Q4: What if I forget my password?
You may reset your password online. For security purposes, this can only be done on a sales office (or home office) connected computer. Password resets take effect immediately.
- Q5: How do I change my password?
Once you log in, if you are located on a networked terminal at a First Investors office, you will see a link in the Repnet menu header, near your login name and real name, which you can click to change your password. The change will take effect the next time you log in.